Saturday, January 17, 2009

Success!!!!!!


Doing the happy dance! FINALLY I got DSL uploaded to my computer! Still playing with it to see what I can do. It's not as fast a connection as I could have had but my 'puter is soo old that I had to connect using the USB port instead of the Ethernet connection. But it is still waaaay faster than my old dial-up! Still have some glitches to work out but I am soo happy with I have! Now maybe I can actually use this thing and have some fun with it! No more click on something...go get a beer....drink the beer...check to see if the page loades in yet...use the 'puter for a couple minutes...click again...go get a beer...check the screen...get another beer...play a minute...click...get another beer...click...get another beer...get another beer...click...restart...get another beer...get a beer...scream...get a beer.........
HMMMMM....the Bud people are gonna be pissed 'cause I won't be drinking as much while on-line!
Like that is gonna happen!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, Papa struck gold.....Stoudt's Gold Lager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA...I think Budweiser is as gold as Papa is going to get. He doesn't realize there are other beers out there, it is Budweiser or nothing for him.

    Congrats on joining the real world (no dial-up). You will never go back to dial-up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that, Craig. I just chose a beer with "gold" in the name because it went along with the gag. It was a "use it or lose it" kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Papa. I am so happy for you. Mike & I were out at the farm earlier today and our satellite is out. I had to use dial-up to get e-mail and it took forever. I thought about this post. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for Papa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's no stopping you now! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete